Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Latest Project On My Own Home

On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 9:04:37 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

1st... I was totally expecting a reply from "Cedar" Sonny! :-)
2nd... Yes, we love the Crepe Myrtles and so do all the birds and
squirrels. Our cat loves to climb in them... so much that I added some
ramps so he can run up and down easier. :-)

For a moment, other than my screen name, I wondered if I was that predictable.

It was good to hear of a project in progress. Lately, there hadn't been any posts of ongoing work. Folks must be on vacation, busy with back to school stuff and/or summer's heated lazy days for idleness, hence, no time for projects.

For about 2-3 weeks, I've been "away", so not much work from here. Mom had a bout with a UT infection and we've been double teaming her care, since she's been discharged from the hospital. She's improving, greatly, and is almost back to her normal elderly self, again, so we can relax, a bit, again.

Lately, a friend asked if I'd build and upholster (tufted) wall panels (bed headboard-like). The panels are to wrap around 3 walls in her dance studio. A wrap-around set of benches will complement the panels.... I'm not making or upholstering the benches. I should be, hoping to be, finished with the panels by mid next week.

A Korean friend saw my cedar table top, sitting idle since it was built.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/
She asked me to make it into a tea table, 14" high, so I've made short legs.. I might will install the legs today, if I can finish the prep work. Maybe I'll have some presentable pics by this evening.

Sonny