Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pilot lights keep going out (Worcester)

pretended :
I have a similar problem where for some reason our pilot light keeps going
out on our WB 400 highflow after 30mins to 1 hour. I have had BGAS out 3
times and they have replaced the various sensors and are now looking at
replacing the pump, which does feel very hot!?

We noticed this problem when we returned from Holiday where we also noticed
our living flame gas fire wouldn't light - it was if both appliances were
starved of gas!

Any help would be appreciated as I suspect the next call out will be the
last!

Are you absolutely sure that boiler even uses a pilot light? It seems
to be a fairly modern boiler and modern boilers don't have pilot lights
consuming gas when off. They use electronic ignition to ignite the
burners as needed.