Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hosepipe bans...

On 02/08/18 11:13, Dave Liquorice wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that it reduces the amount of water
in the sewage system. The ban really only affects water use that
wouldn't enter the sewage system under normal conditions.

But, of course, we are paying for it. I am using over 1000l twice a week
to water anything planted less than two years ago, and anything affected
by a couple of 60 ft trees. I don't mind paying for the water I use
(£1.31/ m^3), but I am very annoyed about lining the pockets of the
water company by paying for wastewater treatment (£2.27/m^3) where none
is involved.

Wasn't Gove making some comments a week or three back about water
companies making large profits while doing little to tackle the mains
leakage problem? Seems to me he should be looking at the vastly
increased profits from paying for imaginary waste disposal when watering
gardens due to lack of rain.

--

Jeff