Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default What options exist for getting duplicate automobile remotes?

On 2 Aug 2018 14:23:21 GMT, Clare Snyder wrote:

IOf you have 2, you can add 3rd and 4th etc very easily. With only
one I THINK it is a bit more difficult.

Try this:::

https://northcoastkeyless.com/2004-m...-instructions/

When you are done your neighbor will think you are a genius!!!!

Wow Clare ... you are the genius!

If those instructions are legit, it sure seems that we can buy a handful of
remotes and just program them all together at the same time.

Here's my summary of that document:
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Keyless Entry Remote Fob Programming Instructions
https://northcoastkeyless.com/2004-mitsubishi-lancer-keyless-entry-remote-fob-programming-instructions/
"Many people donąt know that they can purchase their own replacement
vehicle entry remote, save up to 70% off of marked up Dealership prices,
and program the replacement remote to their vehicle themselves."

First, verify this is on the back of the remote:
* FCC ID: OUCG8D-525M-A
* Factory Part No.: MR587983

I just looked at the original pictures where the FCC ID matches perfectly,
but that "Factory Part Number" doesn't exist on the current fob (maybe it's
already an aftermarket fob?).

1. Insert key into the Ignition and leave it in the OFF position.
2. JUMP OBDII Ports 1 and 4 with a suitable jumper wire.
3. Within ten (10) seconds, PRESS the Hazard Light Switch six (6) times.
4. The door locks will cycle once indicating entry to Programming Mode.

On the first remote to be programmed...
5. PRESS the LOCK Button three (3) times within ten (10) seconds.
6. Door locks will cycle once indicating successful programming

7. For all other remotes, individually repeat step 5 within one (1) minute.

8. REMOVE the jumper wire connected to the Data Link Port.
9. Programming is now complete.
10. Test all remotes.

Sometimes such things are like an "rm -r *" command, so I hope it's legit,
but if it is, it seems all I have to do for them is figure out if the
missing "Factory Part Number" is critical and where best to buy a handful
of these remotes!