Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default Advice for stripped threads upstream oxygen sensor exhaust manifold

On 2 Aug 2018 16:33:44 GMT, Terry Coombs wrote:

I bought
another from O'Reilly Auto Parts because this one was "lost" in the move
when I left Memphis for rural Arkansas .*

Thanks for that advice based on your experience, since I have zero
experience with these things.

I saw that kit at O'Reilly's which I photographed on their counter.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6043628o2sensor11.jpg

The sort of good news is that the thread chaser bottomed out entirely by
hand, without any strength required whatsoever, but the sort of bad news is
that it didn't clean up much as a result:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3885168o2sensor19.jpg

Still, at least that "jb weld" or "epoxy" or whatever it was, seems to be
cleaned out.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6998492o2sensor20.jpg

The thread chaser really didn't clean up the threads as much as it pushed
out the jb-weld-expoxy-whatever stuff from the valleys.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6373378o2sensor21.jpg