Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Weller magnastat soldering iron problem

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 13:20:24 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

Civilization started when man made fire.

Civilization started when man made fire and then offered to rent the
use of his camp fire to anyone who could pay the price. Commerce was
invented when the fire man started selling camp fire use licenses and
charging royalties for the resale of the fire he had invented.

I've got five gross of Bic
lighters packed in cosmoline in my basement. I'm good.

Good idea. It might be useful for self immolation if things go awry.
Cosmoline is petroleum based and quite flammable at high temperatures.
It just melts, drips, and runs at temperatures below the ignition
point, and then the whole thing erupts in flames once above the
ignition point. I found out the hard way when trying to "melt" the
stuff off a military surplus Jeep engine.

Ever hit C&H, L&R or Everett's in Pasadena?

C&H yes. I don't recall L&R or Everett's. Pasadena was not on my
beaten path. Also, I escaped from Smog Angeles in about 1973.

Ditto, and in the same city (as you well know). At one time, I was
dragging home car loads of junk from the TRW flea market or JJ Glass.

Remember Durk Pearson in the skimpy leather shorts?
Olden tymes...

Nope.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Durk+Pearson&tbm=isch
In my spare time, I hung around Santa Monica where skimp leather
shorts were just one of the many de rigueur uniforms.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D