Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default What options exist for getting duplicate automobile remotes?

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 05:36:27 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder
wrote:

On 1 Aug 2018 20:57:28 GMT, "Retired wrote:

Car is just bought by a kid just learning to drive (he's 16).
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer ES

Neighbors asked me what their options are for getting duplicate fobs.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=7287633keyfob.jpg

It came with only one key and one "remote" (see photo above).
(I made a half-dozen keys for the kid so the question is about the remote.)

Anyone know what options there are for getting duplicate remotes?

Here is one: http://www.keylessride.com/

That's VERY NICE and useful!
Do we have TWO choices as shown here?
http://www.keylessride.com/order/chooseremote.asp?make=Mitsubishi&remoteyear=2004&m odel=Lancer

Certainly the original http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=7287633keyfob.jpg
Looks like the second one here...
http://www.keylessride.com/order/quo...&frid=47286EA4

$105 remote plus programming
PROGRAMMING
Price INCLUDES programming instructions and all required programming tools
for training the vehicle to recognize the remote.

IOf you have 2, you can add 3rd and 4th etc very easily. With only
one I THINK it is a bit more difficult.

Try this:::

https://northcoastkeyless.com/2004-m...-instructions/

When you are done your neighbor will think you are a genius!!!!