Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The fire alarm and the office chair

On 02/08/2018 17:04, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Harry Bloomfield explained :
6am this morning, the beep-beep-beep starts again. Just a short
series, still not long enough to be certain where it is coming from,
but....This time I think I know where it is actually coming from. A
battery powered fire alarm in my loft workshop/radio shack.

Nope, still wrong. The one in the loft doesn't have a replaceable
battery at all. It says it is good to 2024. So now I am completely
stumped as to what is giving out three beeps at very irregular times. If
only it would repeat its beep long enough to track it down.

In our case, after days of looking, it turned out to be the electronic
catflap complaining of a low battery.

SteveW