Posted to sci.electronics.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default Weller magnastat soldering iron problem

On 08/02/2018 12:55 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 22:19:15 -0500, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

On 8/1/18 5:36 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
You must be a Prepper.

Now that's funny.

It was meant to be a compliment. The alternative is that you are a
junk collector, pack rat, or hoarder.

Preppers are a special type of stupid
because they think THEY are the ones that will survive
the (hoped for) apocalypse.

It's really a philosophical issue that distinguishes preppers from
survivalists. A prepper believe that the way to survive the Trump
administration is to run away to the hills when the SHTF. A
survivalists stocks up, fortifies his house, and prepares to fight off
everybody. I don't think spare parts for your electronic devices will
help in either case.

Civilization started when man made fire. I've got five gross of Bic
lighters packed in cosmoline in my basement. I'm good.

No, I grew up in Los Angeles, all of my stock pile of
OEM spare parts was acquired at surplus stores, swapmeets,
garage and estate sales And the occasion "Score!" on eBay
the Free Cycle mailing lists or Craig's list.

Ever hit C&H, L&R or Everett's in Pasadena?

Ditto, and in the same city (as you well know). At one time, I was
dragging home car loads of junk from the TRW flea market or JJ Glass.

Remember Durk Pearson in the skimpy leather shorts?

Olden tymes...

--
Cheers, Bev
"Johnston [Island] was the home of a U.S. chemical weapons disposal