Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 12:20:05 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 08/01/2018 01:42 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 12:55:29 -0500, notX
wrote:

It would be possible to build a 3-phase motor that requires the phases
to be at 0, 90, and 100 degrees. I don't know of ANY benefit to doing
so, but it IS possible.

A 3 phase motor would still run on that, just not very efficiently.

I didn't say it would be efficient, just possible.

As long as there is any phase angle shift available, the motor will
start.
In a single phase motor they do it by creating an LC network in the
start winding. Any polyphase motor has that available natively.