Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Advice for stripped threads upstream oxygen sensor exhaust manifold

Arlen Holder wrote:
On 1 Aug 2018 21:41:29 GMT, Bob F wrote:

I'm no expert on this particular situation, but perhaps a helicoil would
solve it easily.

I guess it can't hurt.
I can contact Denso to figure out the thread pitch for their O2 sensors.

You have it out, measure the pitch.
The helicoil is probably the easiest solution and I am generally a fan of
the things.

I was thinking of cleaning up the threads, but they look really bad.
How on earth can ANYONE do that to a bunch of threads?

What did they do?

They tried to remove a stuck oxygen sensor cold, maybe without even using
a proper penetrating oil, and they just put force on it until it deformed
and eventually tore itself out.

It's not even hard to get to ... it's right there ... in front.

Are you absolutely sure it's the problem also?
--scott