Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hosepipe bans...

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 20:15:01 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

So it would seem that using grey water (eg bathwater) *is*

allowed by
hosepipe.

Only if the grey water did not orginate from the mains.

That does seem to be way the rules are worded.

But not very clearly IMHO.

Presumably to stop people filling the bath to the top and then claiming
that they can feed a hose from it "because it is waste water now."

Probably.

I would supsect that, in reality, if you were caught using actual USED
bathwater, they'd not be overly concerned.

The only thing I can think of is that it reduces the amount of water
in the sewage system. The ban really only affects water use that
wouldn't enter the sewage system under normal conditions.

Especially bearing in mind that it seems that no-one has ever actually
received a fine for flouting a hosepipe ban (according to the Manchester
Evening News).

B-) Doesn't surprise me.

--
Cheers