Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Weller magnastat soldering iron problem

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 15:29:59 -0500, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

What is the fascination everyone has with insisting on NOT
using original parts on anything?

I'll stop insisting when the prices on genuine OEM parts drop
sufficiently:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=soldering+sponges&productId=3 2411300965
$0.65/ea is a long way from $5.00/ea.

Over the years I have built up a stock pile of original
parts and accessories for everything I own.

You must be a Prepper. I spent the first half century of my life
collecting all that. My next half century will be dedicated to
selling or recycling most of that junk.

Your purpose in life is to consume, pollute, and overpopulate.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D