Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] tonenor@gmail.com is offline

Default Is it just me, or are laborers and handymen very unreliable?

On Monday, October 10, 2011 at 9:07:08 PM UTC-6, Ignoramus20811 wrote:
I had a few occasions, when I had to hire some laborers or handymen
(read, people who do simple one time jobs).

My experience with them has been abysmal, in the sense that most of
them are very unreliable. They can show up 1.5 hours later, or not at
all. They do not even think that it is a big deal.

Is that my own isolated experience, or has anyone else seen the same?

Unfortunately, yes, most of them are unreliable. They are unable to manage time and I cant imagine any of them would be able to hold on to a normal job without being fired all the time.