Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson[_2_] Andrew Mawson[_2_] is offline

Default HP 2100 pickup Trick

wrote in message

On Tuesday, 31 July 2018 15:30:54 UTC+1, Andrew Mawson wrote:
For years I've had HP2100 laser printers dotted around. I think I have
three
at the moment. Cheap toner reasonable print quality and adequately fast
for
my needs. But they do get through the rubber paper Pick Up Rollers. These
used to be plentiful and cheap on UK ebay but supplies seem to be drying
up
unless you are prepared to pay through the nose.

My office one needs a new pick up roller, and having to order from abroad
it
will take a day or two for them to arrive SO, as an experiment I peeled
the
thick rubber sheath off the worn one - it comes off inside out - then put
it
back still inside out presenting a fresh face to the paper. Works a treat

Andrew

rubber conditioner is another possibility to prevent deterioration

NT

I have a spray can of RS 'Platen Conditioner' but they were beyond that

Andrew