Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Weller magnastat soldering iron problem

On 7/31/18 3:33 PM, Ian Field wrote:
If you're going to use a Cooper Tools iron - keep a cheap Antex
X25 iron ready to hand for all the times it'll need repairing.

I bought a Weller WES51 back in 2001, it's been in constant service
since then. I have a second WES51 I use occasionally (off site.)

The WES51 was a replacement for the TCP that I'd had since 1985.
It dropped dead while I was at a field service site, so I didn't
bother to "What's wrong with this?" at the time. I just bought a
new station.
After I got home, I fixed the TCP. it still works and is the "other"
back up iron that's home in the garage now rather than in the shop.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0