Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Internety thingummies, question.

In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
On 31/07/18 11:33, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

FTTC gets you 80 if you're lucky, and more likely a lot less if you
aren't next to the cabinet.

That doesn't apply to VM FTTC, though, as the coax
distribution from the cabinet maintains its full 750MHz
(typically) bandwidth throughout the entire coax network so it
doesn't matter where on that network you are connected.

Mmm. There is a length limit on coax though

Well ours is around 350 metres IIRC but they are only in urban and
suburban areas so you aren't likely to be "that" far from a cabinet we
can get 350 meg odd here, if we want it, but its hardly worth bothering
with the 220 we do get is fine for our needs the rest of the net seems
it needs to catch up first;!...
--
Tony Sayer