Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Wiring question

On 31/07/2018 10:25, Scott wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 23:57:25 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 28/07/2018 09:18, Scott wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 23:23:26 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

On 27/07/2018 20:54, wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Just crimp the silly things then.

Ah, but should I crimp them end to end or side by side?

Neither. Solder and protect with heat-shrink tube. Now are you going to
solder them in-line or sticking out?

Actually. If you are bypassing a socket, I'd go for two in one side of
choc-block minimising movement from the current setup and being easily
removed in the future if you want to re-instate the socket at any time.

Thanks. I'm going to do that this morning!

Unless you are unable to use a screwdriver then I would not worry about
using strip connector:-)

Thankfully the screwdriver was in good working order. The next stage
is an inspection by an electrical engineer (retired and enjoys a
curry) later today :-) .

Are you currying favour?

I'll get me coat.

--