Posted to alt.home.repair
Uniphase Uniphase is offline

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On 7/30/2018 4:06 PM, tarder_4 wrote:
If yes, then how about if the phase angle was changed to 179 deg, or
181 deg, would there still be two phases there?

How about 180 deg? Two phases, yes or no?

And if it's suddenly no, then why?

Lets analyze the circuit.

Ignoring the voltage/current zero crossings and assuming a pure resistive load,

at any time t, the current on the secondary winding is either flowing from end L1 toward end L2 or end L2 toward end L1.

Also, at that same time t, the voltage is either rising or falling at all points along the entire length of the wire at the same rate.

The rise and fall of the voltage at L1 and L2 are in sync, obviously because there is only one phase on the single continuous piece of wire that forms the secondary coil.

The rise and fall on the secondary coil is in sync with the rise and fall on the primary coil.Â* Since the primary coil is single phase, so is the secondary.

Clearly single phase, anything else is a parlor trick.

Are you in marketing?Â* I ask because I don't see how your "180° 2-phase" has any useful advantage over standard residential single phase service?Â* Seems like pure marketing fluff.