Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 13:30:23 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 2:37:58 PM UTC-4, wrote:

One more time S L O W L Y

I have a transformer with two 120v secondaries. Assume the taps are A
& B on each.
If they are wound around the core in the same direction from A to B,
do you agree each would be in phase if they are measured A to B.
Now if I connect them in series A to B do you agree the current is
going in the same direction in both windings so they are still in
phase? You will see 240v from the A to B on each end.
If they were connected A to A in series they would be 180 degrees out
of phase the voltage would be zero.
In fact they have to be in phase to add. Otherwise they buck.

Now look at your pole pig outside your house and tell me which one it
most closely resembles.

You are confusing the halves of one sine wave with two sine waves.
I don't know what the professor has to rationalize to teach this
simple thing to the snowflakes in his class.