Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default I Doubt All Contractors Are This Nice

On 7/30/2018 2:58 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Unquestionably Confused wrote in
:

On 7/30/2018 9:46 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Does return include free pick-up?

That I don't know, but I seriously doubt it. Project I'm considering
is some decking in 10' lengths. Total quantity will be such that I
don't want to screw around picking them up myself. Any necessary
returns will be accomplished with either a van or friend's pick up.

It wasn't when I did my deck. Menards uses a third party to handle
deliveries, it costs $65 for them to make a trip out. Doesn't matter if
they're picking up or delivering.

Speaking of the deck and delivery/pick up, I learned that just because
they're delivering material doesn't mean you should max out on the board
length. If you want to take them back, you don't have the vehicle to do
it so it'll cost you another delivery fee to take them back. Keep it
12' or under and you can probably move it in a van or truck.

GMTA. Already planned to do just that.