Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Heatwave and apprentices

On 30/07/2018 00:58, Davey wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 21:21:00 +0100
ARW wrote:

For the last week or so it has IMHO been quite warm.

So why the hell are they turning up to work with jumpers on and only
taking them off when it hits 25 deg?

The older staff are in t shirts and shorts at 8am in the morning.

Central heating has destroyed this country.

I worked once in Louisiana. One day, it was the normal 80F, and the
secretary arrived wearing a fur jacket.

The last time I was in Texas they were all talking about the cold snap
and were wearing jumpers and stuff. It was the mid eighties Fahrenheit
and I was in shirt sleeves.

The apprentices were probably getting acclimatised for their summer
holidays in Spain.