Posted to alt.home.repair
Neal Hilliard Neal Hilliard is offline

Default screen porch standing water

replying to jackfaulds, Neal Hilliard wrote:
Yes, you can drill through the aluminum to drain the water. It's aluminum it
want rust or hurt it on the inside. Only drawback is bugs and reptiles now
have a path into your lanai. If you take a piece of screen and get some good
water resistant adhesive and cut a piece an inch larger than your hole on the
3 sides and stick it on. Either way coversed or not the holes get clogged
screened or not and will need to be cleaned out with a water hose every so
often. But with the screen at leadt no bugs, snakes, or lizards can get in.
I'd drill at least a 1/2" hole as low as you can get it then take a chisel and
split the lower piece if one remains. Take a punch aND tap the 2 pieces inward
on the inside and on the out side use the chisel to cut them off and file the
edges if your worried about sharp edges. I would screen both holes if it where
me. Hope this helps.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-255539-.htm