Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "I'm only doing what I was told"

In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

They've also had contractors laying new pavements. Actual working hours
seem to be 08.30 - 16.00. With at least 2 hours off for lunch. Just the
sort of thing the Express would rant on about if direct labour.

Laying new paving has became something of a mania with some councils.

It was with Wandsworth quite a few years ago. The odd thing being they did
the other side of the road perhaps 30 years ago to their new corporate
design, smaller flagstones and about 4 couses of bricks to the road side.
Not a bad idea as that copes with tree roots rather better. But not this
side. When they did this side recently to the same design, I didn't expect
them to redo the other side too - as it had survived pretty well.

The inadequacy of which in large paved areas is immediately betrayed
the first time it rains for any length of time; when garden pond
sized puddles immediately start forming where they'd never formed
before.

No complaints about the standard of work here. Just the time they've taken
to do it.

michael adams

*No radio - Already stolen.

Dave Plowman London SW