Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default I Doubt All Contractors Are This Nice

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 10:38:14 AM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 7/27/2018 7:25 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

At roughly 6:30 SWMBO and I had just sat down for dinner when the doorbell
rang.

"Hi, my name is Dave and I'm working on the house next door."

"Yes, Chris had told me that he was going to have some work done. What's up?"

"Well, I got started a couple of days late and Chris wants to move in this
weekend, so would it be OK with you if I worked a little late tonight? I'm
really trying to get back on schedule but if the noise is going to keep you
up or bother your family, I'll stop."

So what did "a little late" turn into...2 AM? vbg

--

Actually, yes! Sort of.

I don't really know what time the construction noise stopped. With our
windows closed (AC) we didn't really hear too much anyway. We went to bed
around 11 and it was fine.

However, I got up to use the john at around 2AM and when I looked over
the lights were still on and at least two guys were in the house. No noise
that I heard, but they were still there.

They are still at it. They worked until at least 9 or 10 every day this
week and all day today. I was doing some work on my deck so we had dueling
miter saws going, but the first thing I had to do was figure out what
radio station they were listening too. It was loud enough to hear, but not
loud enough to enjoy, so I figured it was better to match it than try to
drown it out. 90's rock with some new stuff mixed in. Fine with me, except
for the commercials. That's why I listen to Pandora or public radio. I hate
commercials.