Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Internety thingummies, question.

Dave Plowman (News) formulated on Saturday :
When I got BT FTTC here, they supplied a new router etc. I've got them
installed in the cellar (don't actually want to see them all the time)
which is fine for most of the house. But the top floor and garden not so
good. So used the old router as an extra Wi-Fi point, fed via CAT5 on the
top floor. Seems to go a long way. ;-)

I have my setup the other way around. Phone cable is overhead, comes in
at the eaves, into loft, with the main router access point up there. It
gives pretty reasonable coverage around most of the place, but could be
better on ground floor. On the ground floor, I have a second access
point wired up to the first.