Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_12_] michael adams[_12_] is offline

Default "I'm only doing what I was told"

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

They've also had contractors laying new pavements. Actual working hours
seem to be 08.30 - 16.00. With at least 2 hours off for lunch. Just the
sort of thing the Express would rant on about if direct labour.

Laying new paving has became something of a mania with some councils.

The inadequacy of which in large paved areas is immediately betrayed
the first time it rains for any length of time; when garden pond
sized puddles immediately start forming where they'd never formed
before.

michael adams