Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Will she ever learn?

In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
I've often wondered why TFL chose to name that newish service the
overground. It's essentially just a re-vamped railway service, using
mainly existing tracks and stations.

Probably to highlight that it is now a TfL service, rather
than a National Raiways franchise. I think they must have just
about exhausted the possible derivatives of Great Eastern over
the years ...

But as I said round here everyone talks about the overground to
differentiate from the tube. Since many journeys can be done by either.
But don't mean the TFL one which is relatively new.

--
*A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.