Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Will she ever learn?

In article ,
says...

Out in the provinces I think the "bus pass" schemes are paid for much
more directly linked to actual ridership data.

Yes, though I'm not sure how it works. We use two operators -
Stagecoach and a local firm called PC Coaches.

Stagecoach card readers just read the ITSO card but PC Coaches
drivers ask for the destination - which is then printed on the
ticket.

Unlike London, both operators issue zero charge tickets.

Very few are valid for any form of rail travel though.

The current scheme replaced numerous local schemes funded by
local councils and cover all bus travel in the country you
live in but there is nothing to stopp the local authority
adding extra benefits to the national scheme in their area
such as in London and Newcastle (and probably other areas I
don't know of.)

--

Terry

---