Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Will she ever learn?

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:45:06 on Sat, 28 Jul
2018, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
Not so. A wide range of people that I know or have known over the years.

Who could still be from a restricted demographic or part of London.

Or not. Since you have no idea where my work colleagues etc lived.

I can deduce from your conclusions that you have a limited range of
inputs.

But not so limited as you in not even knowing a place you once lived had
an overground station within the TFL area?

Well done grilling your work colleagues about their domestic
travel arrangements though.

I take it you only talk to people about Eastenders, then?

Of course they may not use TFL facilities every day of the week - but
that's not what you said.

Using TfL once in a blue moon isn't sufficient to sway a discussion like
this.

I ask again. Do you think kids of the average London council tax payer
only use PT once in a blue moon?

Kids of taxpayers are a small section of the market, but if they walk to
school (or get a lift with mum/dad) why would they need TfL public
transport? My children grew up in an area with good public transport,
but they walked/cycled everywhere with their chums (to the shops, the
parks etc) until they were at least 14, at which point they did the
occasional trip further afield with most parents (not us though)
fretting about the axe-murders they might encounter en-route.

The bus stops round here have loads of kids queuing at go to school time.
The odd one might also go out of the house other than going to school.

Or do you wish to restrict it to single hermits who pay council tax?

No, I'm looking at the wider picture where people either live in dense
bit of London and everything is in walking distance,

You must lead a very quiet life. If everything you could want from living
in London is within easy walking distance.

or the leafy
suburbs where taxi-dad is the preferred mode of transport for the family
(including of course mum and dad themselves).

I rather pity those kids being cosseted in such a way.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.