Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Will she ever learn?

In message , at 13:28:13 on Sat, 28 Jul
2018, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:

Because only a minority of LONDON council tax payers use TfL services,

Can you provide figures to substantiate this? Including those members of
the household etc the council tax applies to?

My gut feeling is you are very very wrong.

My gut feeling is that you are basing your comments on a very restricted
demographic and/or part of London.

Not so. A wide range of people that I know or have known over the years.

Who could still be from a restricted demographic or part of London.

Of course they may not use TFL facilities every day of the week - but
that's not what you said.

Using TfL once in a blue moon isn't sufficient to sway a discussion like
this.

Nationally, the average modal share of bus is 5% and train 2%. Obviously
it's going to be higher in London, but then the 25% modal share of
"walking" may well be higher too, because facilities you are travelling
to are much more concentrated in a mainly urban area.

National figures have nothing to do with TFL.

And I recognised that. Care to cite London stats which show what you are
trying to prove?

As you've stated, you've move to somewhere with useless PT. That was
your choice.

That's a dead subthread, which happened because someone carelessly
omitted to add LONDON in front of "Council Tax Payers".

Out in the leafy suburbs, most people won't be seen dead outside of a
car (or those living in WC1, outside of a black cab).

That comment says you don't know 'most people'.

It only confirms we disagree about what "most people" are like.

BTW, making PT decent and affordable also benefits those who do travel
mainly by car. As you'd know by the congestion when there is a PT strike
or whatever.

I covered that in an earlier posting (agreeing with you - now there's a
first for Usenet).
--
Roland Perry