Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Wiring question

On 27/07/2018 23:23, Steve Walker wrote:
On 27/07/2018 20:54, wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Just crimp the silly things then.

Ah, but should I crimp them end to end or side by side?

Neither. Solder and protect with heat-shrink tube. Now are you going to
solder them in-line or sticking out?

Actually. If you are bypassing a socket, I'd go for two in one side of
choc-block minimising movement from the current setup and being easily
removed in the future if you want to re-instate the socket at any time.

That's ok if the socket position is having a blanking plate on it so its
still visible, and the screw terminals will remain accessible for
maintenance.

If you are filling in the socket recess, then the joint needs to be a
maintenance free joint (crimp, solder, wago etc). Also consider if
removing all trace of the socket, whether the cables are going to still
be in a permitted zone.

--
Cheers,

John.