Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Will she ever learn?

In message , at 11:05:30 on Sat, 28 Jul
2018, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
Because only a minority of LONDON council tax payers use TfL services,

Can you provide figures to substantiate this? Including those members of
the household etc the council tax applies to?

My gut feeling is you are very very wrong.

My gut feeling is that you are basing your comments on a very restricted
demographic and/or part of London.

Nationally, the average modal share of bus is 5% and train 2%. Obviously
it's going to be higher in London, but then the 25% modal share of
"walking" may well be higher too, because facilities you are travelling
to are much more concentrated in a mainly urban area.

Out in the leafy suburbs, most people won't be seen dead outside of a
car (or those living in WC1, outside of a black cab).
--
Roland Perry