Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_12_] michael adams[_12_] is offline

Default Will she ever learn?

"Robin" wrote in message

Indeed. Which doesn't stop the Mayor, TfL et al continuing to refer
to it as a fares freeze (and claiming the average household will save
around £200 over the next four years).

Indeed. But then that does raise the question as to why, in an earlier
post, when you stated

"And as a London resident I'd find it hard to explain to people outside
London why central government should give TfL more of their taxes to
subsidise travel in London while Londoners' enjoy a fares freeze."

you didn't simply explain to these people outside London that it wasn't
really a fares freeze at all ?

Why would you find it hard to explain, or even want to explain
a fares freeze which wasn't actually a fares freeze, to anyone ?

When you had a clear opportunity there to criticise "the Mayor, TfL et
al" for misleading people in that way, which you chose not to take.

Why was that ?

One might almost be forgiven for thinking that you didn't actually
realise that it wasn't a real fares freeze, until after you'd
made that first post. Until after I'd pointed this out to you;
all references to which you pretended to ignore, by snipping
them completely from your reply.

michael adams