Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_3_] Dave W[_3_] is offline

Default How to make someone (but not their clothes) disintegrate

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 14:03:22 +0100, "Bert Coules"
wrote:

John Rumm wrote:

There is a very effective technique that projects an image onto a concave
shaped plastic screen. It can create a very 3D looking image hanging in
free space, which can simply be "turned off".

John, thanks for that, but I'm after something rather lower-tech, I'm
afraid.

That reminds me of Pepper's Ghost, which requires a glass sheet at 45
degrees to the audience (either vertically or horizontally) and the
lit up dummy is at 90 degrees behind a curtain so that the audience
see only the reflection. Switch off the light and the image
disappears, perhaps being replaced by a pile of clothes at the image
position then being lit up.

Does the stage have a trapdoor? The skeleton inside the clothes could
be dropped through the trapdoor, but the clothes prevented from going
through by strings, in such a way that the pile of clothes would hide
the trapdoor.
--
Dave W