Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Will she ever learn?

In message , at 17:08:41 on Fri, 27 Jul
2018, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:31:37 on Fri, 27 Jul
2018, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:

I described how I almost never used (TfL's) PT when living in the TfL
area.

You described an area which sounds rather odd. No tube *and* no
overground?

Surbiton. And it was years before TfL's Overground, which even today
would have marginal utility.

Surbiton has a pretty reasonable overground service? The equal of an end
of line tube service elsewhere?

It has a good national rail service, but that's not subsidised by London
Council Tax payers, via TfL.

The beauty of TFL is you can use any of its services with the same 'ticket'

And the reason the Mayor's price cap promise doesn't work for people in
Surbiton is even though you might be seduced into thinking that a
Travelcard is somehow a "TfL ticket", the element set aside for trips on
TOCs like SWR can't be frozen via the kind generosity of London Council
Tax payers.
--
Roland Perry