Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Will she ever learn?

In message , at 17:52:10 on Fri, 27 Jul
2018, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:
I described how I almost never used (TfL's) PT when living in the
area.

You described an area which sounds rather odd. No tube *and* no
overground?

Surbiton.

Has a station.

But as I explained; and you either didn't read, or have forgotten, has
no services subsidised by TfL.
You said '*and* no overground'
It has.

It depends on whether you mean "above ground lines " - it has or "The
Overground" and LT brand name for some surface lines it operates. - It
hasn't. You need to to go to Clapham Junction to find that.

Suburban rail services have been known as the overground for as long as I
can remember. Don't approve of TFL hijacking the name for one line - what
will they call the next similar they open, if they do?

The only difference is the type of carriage.

Completely off topic. The main difference is that Overground is
subsidised from Londoners' council tax, the suburban rail services
aren't.

--
Roland Perry