Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Will she ever learn?

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:31:37 on Fri, 27 Jul
2018, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:

I described how I almost never used (TfL's) PT when living in the TfL
area.

You described an area which sounds rather odd. No tube *and* no
overground?

Surbiton. And it was years before TfL's Overground, which even today
would have marginal utility.

Surbiton has a pretty reasonable overground service? The equal of an end
of line tube service elsewhere?

The beauty of TFL is you can use any of its services with the same 'ticket'

I've often wondered why TFL chose to name that newish service the
overground. It's essentially just a re-vamped railway service, using
mainly existing tracks and stations.

At least crossrail says what it is.

--
*Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.