Default Dog Crap on Front Yard

I missed reading the original posting but here is a simple trick that I read
almost 10 years ago that prevents dogs from crapping on your lawn. I don't
know if it will always work but it worked for me. Apparently, dogs will not
defacate where there is fresh water. Half fill a container that a dog
cannot drink out of, such as a sprinkle can, with fresh water and set it in
your yard.

E. Ruff

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
om...
Brian Henderson wrote in message

. ..
On 5 Jan 2004 08:08:38 -0800, (Larry Bud)
wrote:

No, but if a dog bites someone, you can sue the owner. The dog under
the law is PROPERTY of the owner. They are liable for the actions of
the dog. I think there could be numerous damages argued for this:
Health issues, harassment, damage to the property.

Yes, and as I said, the owner is legally responsible for cleaning up
after the dog and can be fined for not doing so. You still can't have
him arrested for trespassing because his *DOG* is on your property.

He needs to find out who it is, and speak to them civilly, explaining
that he's tired of picked up the crap from their dog, and that if they
don't stop, he will take them to small claims court.

In order to win in small claims, you need to demonstrate a financial
loss. Having to pick up dog crap doesn't cost you anything but time.
Now if you could show that your lawn died because of the dog waste,
you might have a case. Otherwise, all you can do is have the police
levy a fine for violating scooper laws.

Time is money, at least in my case it is. I think someone who
continues to let their dog **** on your property, when told to their
face to stop it, could constitute harassment.