Posted to alt.home.repair
Buck Buck is offline

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On 07/26/2018 09:58 AM, Sam E wrote:
On 07/25/2018 02:28 PM, Bubba wrote:
On 7/25/2018 1:25 PM, wrote:
I can't tell you in simple terms why a nectarine isn't a peach either
but they are not the same.
Did you see the term "split phase" in those panel manufacturer's
descriptions? I didn't. They had single phase and 3 phase. They didn't
say "2 phase" either since that is really a thing, having absolutely
NOTHING to do with 120/240.

The fact that the word "phase" applies to one system (that one with the phases 90 degrees apart) doesn't mean it doesn't apply to another.

I really don't care anymore. You can sound stupid if you want, your
choice but 120/240 is single phase to the people who do this for a
living. It is only homeowners and hacks who call it anything else.

If a the transformer secondary had 2 equally spaced taps, would LymeBoi call it 3-phase

Consider that you can only have one neutral.

Or do we even need a neutral?Â* Does a 3-phase delta system have a neutral?