Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Will she ever learn?

In message , at
15:53:52 on Thu, 26 Jul 2018, Robin remarked:

If you read back you'll see that I had already referred to it as a
fares freeze. ("Fares" does not means "all fares".

The promise was "Londoners won't pay a penny more for their travel in
2020 than they do today".

[I'll happily accept ring-fencing that to public transport in the
Greater London area, as he has little control of car rental costs
in Australia]

However, he specifically ruled out "if's and buts":

"I want to be crystal clear, no ifs, no buts, what you'll pay if I'm
elected Mayor in May 2016 is what you'll pay at the end of my 4
years in office."

No "Tfl travel only", either.
--
Roland Perry