Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Will she ever learn?

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
All council tax payers subsidise the fares of the subset who choose to
use TfL. As it happens, the last time I was a London Resident (for a
period of about 3yrs) I don't recall ever using a bus, there were no
tube lines where I lived, so only used them on occasional trips to WC1,
and Overground was just a gleam in someone's eye (and even today nowhere
near where I was living then).

I'd guess there were plenty other subsidies around then which others might
deem unfair too.

But let's stick to the present day, shall we?

If would be a very rare council tax payer who doesn't, didn't and won't
ever use PT to a greater or lesser extent. Or those in the household the
council tax is levied on.

It also would be the thin end of the wedge if council tax payers could
obtain a rebate because they don't use PT. As the same would have to apply
to all other council services.

--
*The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.