Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Hosepipe bans...

In article , NY
wrote:
"Mike Clarke" wrote in message
news
You can still use water outdoors if you:

You are a blue badge holder or are on our priority services
register Use tap water to fill a bucket or watering can Use grey
water, which is water that‘s been used before ie bath water Have
your own water supply such as a private borehole.

So it would seem that using grey water (eg bathwater) *is* allowed by
hosepipe. Which is sensible: if it was otherwise going to go down the
drain, it makes sense to reuse it for watering the garden.

when we last had a "hosepipe ban". it only applied to unattended
hosepipes. If you were prepared to stand there holding the hose, that was
allowed.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England