Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Will she ever learn?

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 19:39:35 +0100, ARW

In article ,
ARW wrote:
Will she ever learn that the trains and staff that run them in this
country are ****?

Because it's not true. I use trains on a regular (but not daily basis, so
also a variety of routes) and they're generally fine. Far more likely to
arrive at your destination at the said time than going by road.

Totally disagree.

I might manage up to 30 train journeys a year.

At least 20% of them are late.

No matter where I drive, if the journey greater than 20 minutes I always
expect to beat Google maps ETA by a least 5 minutes.

You must be indeed fortunate, there are parts of the UK where a
journey by car is predictable, but I dont use many of these routes.

As for the train service, trains in Britain are like the food, you
only have to go abroad to see why we have built up the reputation we
wallow in.

AB