Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Food safe glue followup

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 18:49:19 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 15:24:07 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 10:16:57 AM UTC-4, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
On Jul 23, 2018,
wrote
(in ):

I am trying to fix coffee maker basket for 30 cup coffee maker.

Coffeemaker baskets are usually made of polypropylene resin, which is a
thermoplastic. I bet the only way to fix the basket is to heat-weld the
cracked areas. Having some extra polypropylene stock to melt into the crack
may help.

Joe Gwinn

He could make a new one from corrugated plastic. All he needs is the
right (and smaller) forms. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ-rokeHgwY

My daughter has had good luck with various
customer service departments in recent years -
- receiving a free replacement part, on more-than-one occasion ;
and even getting a replacement appliance in one case -
just for asking nicely and explaining things honestly.
I recently received -free- 2 wheel assemblies for a piece of
luggage - just for asking nicely and sending a photo of the
shredded one. I really only needed 1 wheel
unfortunately - I don't have access to an industrial rivet
machine to install the assembly .. duh.
... still haven't got a round tuit replacing the wheel.

Exasperated with yet another dead coffee maker (display LCD died), she
posted a nasty review on Amazon. We really like the coffee it makes
but it only lasted six months[*]. Mr. Coffee contacted her and
offered to send her a new one. Nice. I asked why she didn't tell
them that the one (same model) I have at work has the exact same
problem (though I don't need the display).
[*] Not all that unusual, no matter how much we've paid for coffee
makers. $50 or $500, it doesn't seem to matter so $50 it is.