Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 12:45:09 PM UTC-4, Sam E wrote:
On 07/25/2018 10:14 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

And note I've asked others here to give their definition of single phase,
two phase, three phase and N phase power. Tell us how split-phase isn't
really two phase, using your definition. So far, no one has been able to
do it.

Whether you get 1 phase (and 2 different voltages) or 2 phases from a
center-tapped transformer depends on what point you use for a reference.
Using one end gives you 1 phase, using the center tap gives you 2.
Normally, it's the center tap that's grounded.

I agree, that's a good point, but it is being used center tapped neutral
for what we're discussing.