George E. Cawthon

Default Is it worth upgrading to High Efficiency furnace?

CBhvac wrote:

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

((snipped))
If you like your present furnace, forget it. The
more efficient furnace will likely be more noisy.

Doubt that. Installed correctly, sealed combustion units are all but silent
upon fire. The blower makes more noise than the burners.

My Amana is 80 percent (if you devide output by input
rating) and it sure isn't quiet, so I guess it doesn't
qualify as a sealed combustion. The burner is just about as
loud as the blower.

That's what I meant, the blower. Will probably be in
operation more of the time. Total blower time should be
longer and even if the blower operates at a lower speed and
is quieter at that time much of the time, there is still
noise that may be irritating.