Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default need to buy a new meter

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
I need a new meter for my toolbox - I've done some looking and I
haven't yet found something that fits everything on my wish list and
I'm wondering whether you guys have any suggestions. Here's some of
what I'm looking for (in no particular order):

PHYSICALLY RUGGED
TRUE RMS
SELECTABLE LOW IMPEDANCE (hides "ghost" voltages)
CLAMP FOR CURRENT
LEADS FOR CURRENT (all the clamp meters I've seen lack regular
current measuring capabilities. This is a problem when servicing
4-20 ma circuits and the like.
FREQUENCY MEASUREMENT for VFDs

All that and just a generally good meter for field service.

Thanks.

No meter I own fills all those requirements.