Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Will she ever learn?

In message , at 16:03:15 on Wed, 25 Jul
2018, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:

There will be no more general grants from the government for
day-to-day running of services from 2018 - earlier than TfL thought.

There will nevertheless continue to be a substantial subsidy from London
Council Tax payers.

Given most will have workers and or customers using PT, why not?

I suspect you are confusing commercial rates payers, and residents
paying council tax.

It is simply a facility of use to them. Same as police, etc.

I wasn't judging whether the subsidy was right or wrong, just that
there's a massive gap between the fares box for *paying* TfL users, and
what the cost of provision is.
--
Roland Perry