Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Will she ever learn?

On 25/07/2018 15:29, charles wrote:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
08:42:01 on Wed, 25 Jul 2018, michael adams
remarked:

There will be no more general grants from the government for
day-to-day running of services from 2018 - earlier than TfL thought.

There will nevertheless continue to be a substantial subsidy from London
Council Tax payers.

That's to pay for the "Free if you are over 60" fare

Free travel for "over 60 but not State pension..." is funded by the
Mayor and TfL. I don't know if that can be attributed to a particular
source of funds.

The much bigger amount is to pay for the free travel for people over
state pension age for women ("Freedom Pass"). That's based on fares
foregone. The cost (£325 million a year) is apportioned to London
*boroughs* - not the GLA - and boroughs get most of their income from
council tax. But I wouldn't call it a subsidy given it's designed only
to compensate TfL for the fares they would have got if the passes didn't
exist.

--
Robin